Hi guys
I am currently researching about smartphones. I want to purchase a new smartphone but I am still deciding whether I should buy the iPhone or a Andriod phone. In my opinion the iPhone 3GS looks much better than the iPhone4 and I hate AT&T because they cancelled the unlimited data plan. I like the iPhone for the many apps written for iPhone but I am sure all those apps are being ported or will be ported soon for Andriod phones. From my reading I know that the Andriod 2.2 has lot of cool features which are closing the gap between iPhone and the Andriod phones. Even Steve Jobs had acknowledged that Andriod phone market share is growing rapidly and challenging the iPhone growth. So I am still thinking if I should go for the iPhone4 or wait for a cool Andriod 2.2 phone.
I currently have a phone provided by the company but I only use it for reading emails and making phone calls. I can surf the internet via my phone but the browser sucks and it doesnt have the touch screen.
So here is why I need to have a smartphone?
1) To locate places to find nearby restaurants or gas stations or ATMs etc. I was in NY city in May this year and I had to walk 5 blocks to get to a Subway Sandwich store. If I had a smartphone with me I would easily located the one which was a block away from my location. Also, if the phone can serve as a GPS device then that eliminates the need for a separate GPS in the car.
2) Track my investments and Trade via the smartphone. I know there is an Fidelity iPhone app but apps for other smart phones are also supported.
3) Surf the net and read news on the phone.
4) I need a multitasking phone...I should be able to read news, make phone calls or listen to music at the same time.
5) Need a good phone to listen to music while I am driving or working in office or while I am jogging.
6) I need a phone with Keyboard, high end camera and good memory...and I want to be able to add or remove memory cards with iPhone you cant do that!!!
7) I want to good apps for the phone...for games, shopping, banking etc.
I know that the iPhone will address all or most of my above requirements and I know that most of you will recommend me the iPhone 4. But with AT&T cancelling their unlimited plan and Android-based phones coming up with really great features do you guys think I should wait?...In April, I had decided that I would go for the iPhone4 when it would be released. But I didnt like the new boxy design when I first saw a picture of the phone on the Apple site. The iPhone4 now looks like a Samsung or Motorola phone. The retina eye feature in the new iPhone is cool and the display is sharp and crispy but I have seen the some Driod phones, they have the same or better display. As of now the iPhone is the best in the smartphone market but do you guys think Andriod phones will beat the iPhone in the next 3-4 months???
I am currently researching about smartphones. I want to purchase a new smartphone but I am still deciding whether I should buy the iPhone or a Andriod phone. In my opinion the iPhone 3GS looks much better than the iPhone4 and I hate AT&T because they cancelled the unlimited data plan. I like the iPhone for the many apps written for iPhone but I am sure all those apps are being ported or will be ported soon for Andriod phones. From my reading I know that the Andriod 2.2 has lot of cool features which are closing the gap between iPhone and the Andriod phones. Even Steve Jobs had acknowledged that Andriod phone market share is growing rapidly and challenging the iPhone growth. So I am still thinking if I should go for the iPhone4 or wait for a cool Andriod 2.2 phone.
I currently have a phone provided by the company but I only use it for reading emails and making phone calls. I can surf the internet via my phone but the browser sucks and it doesnt have the touch screen.
So here is why I need to have a smartphone?
1) To locate places to find nearby restaurants or gas stations or ATMs etc. I was in NY city in May this year and I had to walk 5 blocks to get to a Subway Sandwich store. If I had a smartphone with me I would easily located the one which was a block away from my location. Also, if the phone can serve as a GPS device then that eliminates the need for a separate GPS in the car.
2) Track my investments and Trade via the smartphone. I know there is an Fidelity iPhone app but apps for other smart phones are also supported.
3) Surf the net and read news on the phone.
4) I need a multitasking phone...I should be able to read news, make phone calls or listen to music at the same time.
5) Need a good phone to listen to music while I am driving or working in office or while I am jogging.
6) I need a phone with Keyboard, high end camera and good memory...and I want to be able to add or remove memory cards with iPhone you cant do that!!!
7) I want to good apps for the phone...for games, shopping, banking etc.
I know that the iPhone will address all or most of my above requirements and I know that most of you will recommend me the iPhone 4. But with AT&T cancelling their unlimited plan and Android-based phones coming up with really great features do you guys think I should wait?...In April, I had decided that I would go for the iPhone4 when it would be released. But I didnt like the new boxy design when I first saw a picture of the phone on the Apple site. The iPhone4 now looks like a Samsung or Motorola phone. The retina eye feature in the new iPhone is cool and the display is sharp and crispy but I have seen the some Driod phones, they have the same or better display. As of now the iPhone is the best in the smartphone market but do you guys think Andriod phones will beat the iPhone in the next 3-4 months???
Sounds like almost any of the top phones on the market would be able to do the things you are listing above. As a result, it's a tough call.
ReplyDeleteUsually it breaks down to the other stuff you have. If you have another iPod and use iTunes, the iPhone is easier to integrate into your life. Or if you get poor AT&T coverage in your area you go with a Droid phone on another network. If removable storage is a must - iPhone just isn't going to be the way to go.
And, as to the design - to each their own. Everyone gets to choose what they like or don't like, but I always though the plastic back of the iPhone 3 and 3GS was rather cheap looking. The new phone looks a lot nicer.
I personally have iPhone but Android 2.2 is pretty wonderful, and I expect a lot of impressive Android hardware to show up in the next few months, not to mention the forthcoming Windows Phone 7. Think about how you feel today, in terms of enthusiasm. Now try to imagine how you'll feel after six months of what we expect to be relentlessly fast upgrades from Google, and an entirely new OS and accompanying, varied hardware from Microsoft.
ReplyDeleteLet us know what you decide.
ReplyDeleteOnce you use the iPhone you will never go back! Hah! Obviously I love the iPhone, but if you absolutely have to remove the memory card, then your choice is probably a simple one. The iPhone interface and surfing the internet is incredible. For just $.99 you can get turn-by-turn GPS with the iPhone and it already comes with a map application that's pretty decent too. Most apps are free and there are tons of them! I would definitely recommend the iPhone. I can't tell you how valuable it is to me and my work. That's just my opinion! Good luck shopping!
ReplyDeleteTCO is higer for the iPhone 4g
ReplyDelete3G had bad Infineon chips can connect
3G / 3GS and 4G have bad data through put 0.4Mbps ATT
4G has connection issues, if you wrap your hand around the phone (like you do most of the time, you loose connection).
Deal is All Android phones work, Apple's doesn't. Wonder what Apple fans will say, .. probably stating that some thing magical will fix it. ROFL. Apple is starting to loose lots of ground if 4G doesn't deliver, it may face some though times.
Currently between iPad/iPod/iPhone there are 100 000 activations daily for Apple, Android keeps on growing and currently reaches 160 000. Just a matter of time before Apple becomes insignificant again